Removing SVOD or TVOD channel from the public Roku Channel Store
In order to remove a channel that offers in-channel purchases from the platform, follow these steps:
- Notify existing users at least two weeks in advance that your channel will be sunsetting on X date.
- Navigate to Manage My In-Channel Products and edit all products so "Cleared for Sale" is marked as "No."
- Generate refunds and cancellations for all existing subscribers using the Roku Web Service API.
- Notify Partner Success to confirm the above steps have been completed.
- Partner Success takes channel off the public Channel Store and marks the channel as "private."
- Navigate to Manage my Channels and use the gear icon to delete the channel from the Developer Dashboard.
Other things to consider:
- Do you offer another way for users to subscribe to your service, outside of on the Roku device? If so, Roku does not have a way to prevent those users from purchasing your services elsewhere. Users will, however, be prevented from searching for and adding the channel to their Roku account after the takedown is complete.