The aims of this article are to:
- Notify developers of the upcoming changes
- Explain the one-time Advance payout
- Indicate how to reconcile the Payout Audit Reports reflecting these events.
To transition from the previous deferred accounting system to the new full-payout system, a one-time payout will be made to developers with
Under the prior system, after an annual subscription was purchased and paid for by a customer, deferred payout entries to the developer account would be scheduled by the Roku accounting system for all future prorated payouts. Thus, entries up to 12 months out would be pending in the Roku system, but would post only during the related future payout month.
The new system provides full payout in a single month, so for new subscriptions the Payout Audit Report will show only a single payment transaction.
Dates of Interest
Switchover date: October 1, 2021. Starting from this date, subscriptions to monetized channels will be paid out in a single transaction. The Roku accounting system will reflect a single event (instead of a series of pending monthly transaction events). Note that subscriptions after the switchover date will be paid per contractual terms.
Advance Payout date: November 2021. Developers of channels monetized prior to October 1 will receive a one-time Advance payment (included along with any other November payout due) that bundles all previously scheduled deferred monthly payments due into a single payment. This payout will occur on the same date, and will include any subscription amounts, that would normally have been paid in November.
Payout amount to expect
- The scheduled amount – the New subscription payout that is owed for that month.
On payout dates for subsequent months, developers can expect to receive the normal expected payout for New transactions.
The Payout reporting link generates a Payout Audit Report. The standard reconciliation procedure for the user of that report sums the Partner Rev Share column to return the total partner revenue, which would normally match the amount of the partner payout from Roku.
- The October report will include all Deferred entries that would have been posted month-by-month going forward under the previous system.
- Summing these Deferred amounts results in the Advance amount.
- This Advance amount will be included in the November payout.
No payments marked Deferred will show on the November Payout Audit Report or on subsequent reports.