Roku Search set up process
Below are the steps for Roku Search testing and certification:
- Build a search feed according to the Roku Search feed 2.0 specifications.
- Submit the JSON feed in the Search Feed Submission section of the Developer Dashboard. Select "Roku Search Feed 2.0" and provide an email for validations results. **Roku does not accept feeds which do not pass the validator.
- Once the feed is submitted in the manner above AND is successfully validated, the channel developer will receive an email asking for the following items:
- Logo icons:
- These icons will be the logos that appear in Roku Search.
- We need a jpg or png file in the following sizes (pixels): 165x60 and 143x113.
- Published beta version of your channel.
- Please name it [ChannelName]SearchBeta (no spaces).
- Vanity code link to a published, beta version of your channel. Please name it [ChannelName]SearchBeta (no spaces).
- Vanity code for the production version of your channel
- 4 content titles to be used for deep link testing
- 2 movie titles (if applicable)
- 2 series titles (if applicable)
- 2 short-form titles (if applicable)
- Region(s) and language included in the feed.
- Logo icons:
- Roku will set up testing for the feed and send results within approximately 7-10 business days.
- Once the feed passes all tests, Roku will work with the channel developer to schedule a publishing date for the feed (M-TH).
Note: The JSON file will need to live in the channel owner's server bucket. Roku's systems will reach out to it and will refresh a few times a day so as to catch changes as often as possible.
Implementing Roku Search (SDK Docs)
Please sign in to leave a comment.