Roku Search set up process
Below are the steps for Roku Search testing and certification:
- Set up a Search feed according to Roku's Search Docs.
- Submit an up-to-date XML feed of the channel's available content to Roku using the correct XML schema. Here is the URL: https://developer.roku.com/search/feed_validator. **Roku does not accept feeds which do not pass the validator.
- Once the feed is submitted in the manner above, the channel developer will receive an email asking for the following items:
- Logo icons:
- These icons will be the logos that appear in Roku Search.
- We need a jpg or png file in the following sizes (pixels): 165x60 and 143x113.
- Published Private version of your channel.
- Please name it [ChannelName]SearchBeta (no spaces).
- Vanity code link to a published, private version of your channel. Please name it [ChannelName]SearchBeta (no spaces).
- Vanity code for the production version of your channel
- 4 content titles to be used for deep link testing
- 2 movie titles (if applicable)
- 2 series titles (if applicable)
- Logo icons:
- Roku will set up testing for the feed and send results within approximately 7-10 business days.
- Once the feed passes all tests, Roku will work with the channel developer to schedule a publishing date for the feed (M-TH).
Note: The XML file will need to live in the channel owner's server bucket. This means that it can be updated as often as necessary. Roku's systems will reach out to it and will refresh a few times a day so as to catch changes as often as possible.
Please only resubmit a feed via the validator if the feed is changed from TMS to non-TMS (or vice versa) or if the location of the file/URL is changed.