Authentication through SVOD provider backend using REST API.
All channels are required to use Roku Pay for offering subscriptions. Existing users and users who signed up on other platforms should be able to log in on Roku and use their existing subscriptions (and vice-versa - users who sign up on Roku should be able to use web/iOS/Android/etc.)
If a user signs up on Roku, the following should occur:
- Collect the user's name and email address using the GetUserData method to request only that subset of information.
- Collect the purchaseID from the transaction.
- Collect the userID using validate-transaction with the purchaseID (via Web API).
- Allow users to create their own password on-device OR generate a secure temporary password.
- Create a user on your back-end with those data items.
It doesn't matter if that back-end is in your information system or your SVOD Partner's data system, as long as users who come to your application through our platform are allowed to sign up on our platform, and are never redirected to sign up elsewhere.