Removing SVOD or TVOD channel from particular region.
If your channel offers a subscription or any other in-channel purchase (and thus has in-channel product(s)):
- Complete the Channel Store Removal Request form attached below and send back to Partner Success at email@example.com.
- Be sure to explicitly mention which regions you'd like your channel removed from.
- Partner Success notifies PR & Social teams of planned takedown.
- Partner cancels and refunds subscriptions for existing users from the to-be-removed channel store region.
- This can be done by your developers by leveraging our Web Service API.
- Partner Success removes desired channel store region(s) from your channel.
- Partner Success complete this job on the backend.
- Partner Success would need to submit this regional takedown for approvals, which will include an agreed upon takedown date.
- This will prevent region's users from seeing your channel appear on their device or in global search (whether on browser or device).Also prevents users from being able to resubscribe on-device.
For the smoothest takedown, please coordinate with Partner Success on timing on each of the steps above.
Other things to consider:
- When do you plan on communicating the takedown to your affected users?
- Do you offer another way for users to subscribe to your service, outside of on the Roku device?
- If so, Roku does not have a way to prevent those users from purchasing your services elsewhere. Users will, however, be prevented from searching for and adding the channel to their Roku account after the takedown is complete.